Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Aurora Reservoir

The sand may not be as pretty as Florida and the water not nearly as clear as California, but our kids get their own little "beach" adventure every weekend at the Aurora Reservoir.  Now that Tony and I are both training for the Crescent Moon Triathlon on Sept 15th, spending the day at the Aurora res is the perfect way to have a fun family day and still get in a little training : ) Sunday is family day in our house and it is definitely our favorite day of the week.  Our usual routine is to make a yummy breakfast and head to the res.  I bike around the res while Tony and the kids get the shade tent setup.  Then I nurse the baby and Tony swims laps in the freezing water lol! Meanwhile, Scout and River have a blast splashing in the water and building sandcastles.  We all eat our picnic lunch together while Ryder naps : ) Then I swim my laps and we head out.  (I have to say that I do look forward to the day when I don't have to worry about training or nursing the baby and I can just enjoy the sun while the kids splash and play, but that day will come...)
I'm really looking forward to the next few weekends before the swim beach closes for the season and I can't wait to come out here even more next summer when Ryder will be older. 



















Ryder loves chillin' in the shade : ) 







Tony headed out for a swim in the freezing water





Lunchtime!!! Yum!





Ryder loves his Sunday nap!












No comments:

Post a Comment