Saturday, September 1, 2012

30 before I turn 30 - update!

My List - update!

 1.  Blog : )  this makes 16 posts! So far, so good.
 2.  Do a triathlon with my Mom (Aug. 5th!)  DONE!
 3.  Nurse Ryder for a year  4 months down, 8 more to go!
 4.  Start freezing meals I've had 3 freezer meal "cook days" so far. I'm working on a post about it.
 5.  Pray regularly with Tony
 6.  Make home made baby food getting close...
 7.  Do a 5k as a family of 5
 8.  Stop biting my nails
 9.  Have a "computer fast" (either one day a week or fast for a whole week, etc)
10. Memorize 12 Bible verses
11. Read a book a month so far:  Searching for Alaska and the Namesake
12. Get pregnant (yikes!)
13. Try deceptively delicious recipes tried 6 so far : ) Posts to come...
14. Create a system for actually remembering friends and family's birthdays  
    just bought an adorable perpetual calendar and have been filling in birthdays/anniversaries
15. Play the piano/guitar more
16. Have "yes days" with the kids
17. Have a kid-free weekend (this will be a hard one)
18. Help Scout write letters to family members as part of our routine Letter writing is an official part of her school week. We put together a special box with paper, stickers, addresses, stamps, etc.  So far she's written 2 bday cards, 1 thank you note and a letter to a cousin.
19. Incorporate a walk with all 3 kids into our day
20. Sign up for an Olympic Triathlon ( a Sprint if I achieve #12 : )
21. Try 10 new recipes I'm updating this to "incorporate 10 new recipes into our monthly menu"
22. Move towards eating "clean"
23. Try 5 new restaurants
24. Family "TV fast"
25. Drink more water
26. Figure out how to do my own shellac manicures/pedicures at home Going Great! Post in the works : )
27. Do a triathlon with Tony Sept 15th!

Here are the final additions to the list:
28. Try 100 new recipes 
I've already tried 16 new recipes because pretty much any recipe is new to me since I'm not a cook so I'm thinking I can get to 100 before my birthday. We'll see...
29. Make some homemade Christmas gifts with the kids
30. Try organic cleaning supplies/ body care items: homemade deodorant, laundry detergent, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, diaper cream, dish washing liquid, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment