Sunday, April 14, 2013

Spring Break in Cheyenne

Well, we weren't relaxing on a beach or skiing in the mountains, but for our family spring break was restful and perfect.  Tony's school calendar has spring break the week after the kids and I do so we sort of get 2 weeks of spring break. I try to take advantage of it, so the first week we did a lot of "school" since we didn't have preschool, Options and CBS.  (Which any homeschool mom will tell you is blissful, since we seem to have to fight for "school time" amidst our crazy weekly schedule : )  We squeezed in a trip to the Museum and Pixie Skate and Tony's brother and sister-in-law came to spend Easter weekend with us so that was a treat.
The next week was Tony's spring break so he was able to take the kids to school and stay home with Ryder for me during CBS Tues and Wed (they had some quality "guy time": )

Then, we packed up and headed to Cheyenne for a few days at my parent's house.  My parents' house is the perfect place to rest for us because we have a beautiful house to enjoy, without the stress of laundry, dishes, etc.  We are able to just spend time as a family enjoying each other and focusing on each other.  We do puzzles, snuggle on the couch and read books and watch movies, walk to the park down the street.  Usually Tony and I try to sneak in a movie after the kids go to bed.  It's incredible how rejuvenated I feel after a couple of days of rest.  Even though the weather was dreary and chilly, mom and I celebrated the arrival of spring with mani pedis.  Right before we headed back to Denver, we took Scout bowling while the boys were napping.  Then we all headed back to Denver (including my parents) to support Tony in his first half marathon.  So, so grateful that my parents are so close and that they don't mind us taking over their house for a few days every month or so : )



























1 comment: