Sunday, April 14, 2013

Tony's first Half Marathon

I (Tony) have to say that this was probably one of the more rewarding accomplishments of my young life, and if it weren't for Ally, it most likely would not have happened.  I am truly grateful for being able to live in the most beautiful state in the Union the last few years, allowing all of us to spend more time outside, having fun, being active, etc.  I have always been a very athletic and competitive person, and I believe that I have found a new outlet for these life desires.  I completed my first sprint triathlon last fall and now my first half marathon just a short week ago.  I have also planned another half and triathlon before the end of this summer.  Don't get me wrong, you probably will not ever see my name on any of the leader boards, but I am really enjoying learning more about how I can push my body to its limits and then push a little more the time after that.  Ally has been a huge inspiration to me, already completing 3 triathlons with 3 more signed up for this summer!  She is a BEAST, and a beautiful one at that : ).  Scout is even getting in on the fun, hopefully competing in her first kids tri this summer.  Also, I want to say a huge thank you and congratulations to our good friend, Laura, seen in the photo with me below, for running the half with me and pushing me to compete with the attitude that I am going to do great.  We finished within 2 or 3 minutes of each other!  










No comments:

Post a Comment