Sunday, July 22, 2012

A Memorable Day in Aurora, CO

A good friend of ours is always organizing community events for our MOMS club, helping us get group discounts for local events.  This summer a large group of us purchased tickets to see the 2 children's theater summer productions at the Aurora Fox Theater.  This was our first experience seeing a play here and it was really fun!  The first play was Charlotte's Web and the second was The Pirate Show.  I was too busy with Ryder to get any pics of Charlotte's Web, but I managed to get a few from the Pirate Show last week. 
Unfortunately, it was a really bittersweet day, because I was on my way to the theater when I got a call from Tony telling me about the shooting at the Century 16.  I was so focused on getting there on time and getting all 3 kids seated and quiet, that the enormity of what happened didn't really hit me until we got home.  I think about how we were surrounded by friends all morning, all of us out and about with our kids in the same area where the shooting occurred and near the shooter's apartment.  My mom called me on the way home and couldn't believe I had left the house with everything that was going on.  But even though scary things happen, life goes on.  We continue to get out and enjoy all the fun things our town as to offer.   I will always remember that day and I think it's neat that I will remember our fun morning at the Aurora Fox because it reminds me of what a great city we live in, what awesome opportunities our kids have living here, and how grateful I am that God has led us here and continues to masterfully provide and protect us.  While my heart mourns for the families of the victims of this senseless tragedy, I won't live my life in fear.  I will try to celebrate each and every moment I have. 






No comments:

Post a Comment