Friday, June 7, 2013

Thoughts On Turning 30...

Tomorrow I will be 30 years old.  Wow.  It sounds very monumental.
10 years ago I working at Chickfila, about to start my senior year in college, engaged and planning a wedding... The last decade has been insane and definitely not AT ALL what I would have expected at 20.
I'm sure I should have something incredibly wise to say about turning 30, but really I just feel pretty great!  Honestly, I am more comfortable in my own skin than I have ever been in my life.  And that is HUGE.  Do I have the perfect life? The perfect body? The perfect family? Career?  Life plan?  Triathlon time? : ) Of course not.  BUT, I love my life.  I love my body (imperfections and all).  I feel blessed beyond all understanding to be Tony's wife.  Although it's full of challenges, I am so privileged to be Scout, River and Ryder's mama.  I have the most amazing women in my life who love me with no judgement and no limits.  They are strong and creative and beautiful and they inspire me to be better, to love even when it hurts and to hang in there no matter how hard the task feels right now.  I feel stronger than I've ever felt.  I am more content with my life and myself than I have ever been.  Do I know what the future holds?  Ha! I have absolutely no clue! (If the past decade has taught me anything, it's that : ) But I am beyond ready and excited to embrace it head on.
2004, 20 yrs. old


2013, 29 yrs. old

2005, 21 yrs. old











No comments:

Post a Comment